04 November, 2011

.


At the Stone Gate (Kamenita vrata*) at the top of Radićeva street in Gornji Grad, Zagreb there is a little, hidden nook where people go to light candles; it's a place to make a wish and it is believed by many locals that if you make a wish and light a candle here it will be granted. I just really like being there. I remember when we first traveled to Zagreb a few years ago, how I was taken by the mood that lingered there. I visited this spot a few times during that first trip, mostly just slowly wandering past on my way to the top of the hill. It was my desired route; a really beautiful addition to my day to see people of all ages come and go lighting candles and making wishes. This time around, I stood with my tea a bit longer and felt a little more comfortable taking pictures.


.


It definitely feels intense at times, but mostly it just feels hopeful. On my next visit I think I'll be a bit more brave, and make a wish.

*thanks, Isidora

.......

I really like what molly recently wrote about a place she likes to visit in paris.

.......

mamiya c3 tlr; 120 ektar 100 film

1 comment:

alexandria said...

Beautiful memory post and photos. I love the idea of lighting candles in such a place for wishes.